Positively Parnwell shortlisted in National Housing Federation Community Impact Award - wow!
Welcome to Positively Parnwell
Positively Parnwell is the name of programme of events that are being funded in Parnwell through the Fair Share Trust Programme.
In 2003, Peterborough was one of over 70 areas in the UK that was spotted to have received less than its “fair share” of Lottery funding. As a result, The National Lottery’s Fair Share Trust programme awarded Parnwell, a residential area to the north west of Peterborough, lottery funding to be spent on community projects over a 10 year period.
Over the last five years a range of projects have been undertaken in Parnwell, these include:
- Improved bus links and bus shelters from Parnwell to Peterborough City centre
- Development of play equipment for both younger and older children
- Establishment of community green spaces
- New activities for young people and enhancements to a local club for older people
- A range of courses and events for all of the community
Cambridgeshire Community Foundation is the ‘Local Agent’ for the overall programme - overseeing how the lottery funding is spent. Click here to visit the Cambridgeshire Community Foundation.